Tuesday 28 September 2010

STAGE 4

29-Mar-2010. Way, way back in 2006, I decided to shelve this little project because the planking was going pear shaped and this coincided with me buying a new motorbike and also starting a major restoration of an old 70's motorbike. Truthfully? - I kinda "fell out" with model making for a while. Other projects were more attractive to me.

Anyway, the very thing which prompted me to quit the model, was the same thing which prompted me to restart it - the planking. I recently subscribed to DeAgostini's HMS VICTORY magazine and the thought of planking that monster filled me with dread, so I figured it would be a good idea to get some practise in. Hence the resurrection of this model.

So, I forced myself to finish off the planking and have now completed one side (yes, I know now that I was stupid and should have worked on both sides of the hull equally). Despite my fumbling foolery, I managed to complete one side and will soon be working on the other and hopefully will do a better job, having learned a few things (the hard way).

Earlier planking (in 2006) has set the pain barrier quite high. It's left me in a tight spot with lots of tapering to do. Good job my sins will be covered with paint! LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment