Tuesday 28 September 2010

STAGE 8

26/09/2010. For some reason, I decided to dabble with the St Roch again today. Not sure why because I've got a myriad other things to "dabble" with, but the little boat got my attention in the end. It's been sat here for so damned long, I've just got to get a grip and finish it off.

I'll make no bones about it, the only motivation for completing this project is because I want to use it to hone my modelling skills prior to starting on the gargantuan HMS Victory by DeAgostini. I am tired of seeing this Billing Boat lying around the hobby room and to be honest, I don't care too much how it turns out now. It's nothing but a bit of practise as far as I'm concerned.

The instructions are just abysmal - little more than elevation drawings! Although the Victory project is immensely complex by comparison to the St Roch, I know that I'm going to have a much easier time of completing the Victory thanks to the comprehensive instructions and forum-support.

So, enough whinging - on with this model. I fitted the Railing Strips front and rear and then started to build the Cabin sections. Once done, I attached the cabin to the boat. I also made up a "box" of some sort but at this point, I've not a clue where it goes (crap instructions) so I'll keep it to one side until I figure it out.



Click photos to enlarge


No comments:

Post a Comment